Welcome to the #1 Acura TLX Forum and Acura TLX community dedicated to Acura TLX owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Acura TLX Forum today!

2015 Acura TLX 2.4

Despite its marketing as something of a performance car, the TLX never gives me that vibe. On the occasions when I unleash my inner Senna, the acceleration is never very dramatic, even when I put my foot into it. Pinning me to the back of my seat isn't happening. I'm not saying it's slow-it accelerates just fine and at a reasonable pace (0-60 in 7.3 seconds)-but getting there never put my heart rate at redline.

Maybe it's the languid shifting of the eight-speed twin-clutch auto, or maybe the admirable commitment to quiet comfort prevents it from being a car you want to get crazy with. I even gave the paddle shifters a try in Sport mode, but those get old real quick in this town. If the handling were a little racier, it might help with the performance blahs, but alas, it's too smooth for that nonsense.

Not complaining. Some people I know live their lives a quarter mile at a time, but I usually take the longer, more relaxed route.

Read more on Motor Trend.