Welcome to the #1 Acura TLX Forum and Acura TLX community dedicated to Acura TLX owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Acura TLX Forum today!

2015 Acura TLX 2.4 Long-Term Update

We were stuck. After power lines fell across the 101 freeway just south of San Francisco, traffic came to a complete stop, and we were caught up in it. Thanks to our 2015 Acura TLX 2.4, however, time spent idling was kept to just a few minutes, as the navigation system rerouted us. Our destination was a hotel right off the 101 a number of miles away, so we had ignored the navigation's rerouting suggestion 2 miles earlier?before the 101 became a multi-hour parking lot. Yet as we edged forward toward an off-ramp to change course and researched what was going on, I realized I should have paid more attention to the car's traffic rerouting abilities and knowledge of freeway conditions.

Aside from appreciating features on the 2015 TLX's available navigation, the car presented itself well for the rest of our trip in San Francisco. Anyone familiar with Acura sedans besides the flagship RLX may be pleasantly surprised by the TLX's quietness. And I also came to like the brown color of the leather seats?a refreshing change from the normal beige or black. On our long drive from Los Angeles to San Francisco and back, the lane keeping assist system came in handy. Still, having adaptive cruise control would have been really helpful, but that option is restricted to the V-6 model.

What comes as standard on every TLX are Acura's so-called Jewel Eye LED headlights. I think they look good, and more important, they're really helpful on dark, badly lit roads. Of course, while in San Francisco, I had to stop or park on plenty of hills, at which point the hill descent control and auto brake-hold systems came in handy, keeping me from drifting back into other cars. Those features aren't unique to Acura, but what makes the TLX 2.4 worth considering is how they contribute to the entire package.

The TLX is a decent all-around car, but then again, so is the refreshed 2016 Honda Accord. I've driven both and can see the appeal of a loaded Accord and a midlevel TLX. What we said during 2015 Car of the Year testing is still true: This car is great for those who are already loyal to Acura. To everyone else, if you like or can get past the understated styling (must every new car be bolder than its predecessor?) and can respect the Acura nameplate, the TLX is worth consideration.

Read more on Motor Trend